Missing org.freedesktop.UDisks signals (DBus 2.7 and Java)

mazzzta mazzzta mazzzta2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 03:29:48 PDT 2013

Hi Matt,

"If you plug it in again, does it give you another "Device added!" or is it
now wedged in some fashion?"
No, if I plugged it again I still got a "Device added!" message. It is
DeviceRemoved the one I never got.

>From your new code the change of DBusInterface to Path seems to work for me
now. However I'm still not able to make it work using DBusInterface.
Luckily I only need to detect when a signal is sent and nothing else, so
your code is enough for my purpose, however I believe that If I'd need the
data provided by DBusInterface I would have been stuck again.

I do not really see why the DeviceRemoved is not properly caught by
DBusInterface. I wouldn't say it's a D-Bus bug that fast though since the
signal is sent. Could it be something related to the OS (Ubuntu 12)? Other
process interferences? a local missconfiguration of the config files? (I
haven't tweak them, as they remain to the defaults)... I'm quite lost here.

Anyways, thanks very much.