Anyway to remove interface from session bus?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Sep 19 12:20:55 PDT 2013

On sexta-feira, 20 de setembro de 2013 02:59:01, 斟酌鵬兄 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Long story short, in gnome 3, the interface org.freedesktop.Notifications
> is registered by gnome-shell.

I believe you're talking about service name "org.freedesktop.Notifications",
not interface. The two concepts use dot-separated reverse domains, but they
are not the same thing.

> This cause the notify-osd, which I am trying to get it work, failed to
> register that instance.
>
> So I searched for solution to get that instance removed, but none found.

1) Kill the process
2) Modify the process so it won't register the name
3) force a registration by passing the DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING flag to
RegisterName

Option 3 only works if the current owner also passed the
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_ALLOW_REPLACEMENT flag. If it didn't, then requestion to
override will not work.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358