Migration from dbus-glib to gdbus concern

Naveen Hiregoudar hiregoudar.naveen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:44:26 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Greetings.

I recently migrated from *dbus-glib* to *gdbus* APIs in one of my
application.
This application (*my-app*) is basically:
- a daemon which has exposed few dbus methods & signal over the* SYSTEM *bus
- also includes a library (*library-1*) which in turn has registered to
some dbus signal from one more daemon (*daemon-1*) over the
*SYSTEM BUS*
The issue I'm facing after the migration to gdbus APIs is that, I'm unable
to receive the signals from daemon-1 in the library-1 instance of my-app.
However all other processes using library-1 are getting these signals.

Before the migration, everything used to work just fine.
And furthermore, If I change the owing-bus of my-app from SYSTEM bus to
SESSION bus, things work fine and I started getting those daemon-1 signals
in library-1 instance.

------------ my-app owing bus API------------

id = g_bus_own_name(G_BUS_TYPE_SYSTEM, SERVICE_NAME,
            G_BUS_NAME_OWNER_FLAGS_REPLACE, NULL,
            __request_name_cb, __lost_name_cb, NULL, NULL);

Note:
I tried with other parameter without any success:

G_BUS_NAME_OWNER_FLAGS_ALLOW_REPLACEMENT
G_BUS_NAME_OWNER_FLAGS_NONE

Please let me know if there is something specific to be taken care of in
this kind of situation.
If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naveen