C++ binding

Alberto Mardegan alberto.mardegan at canonical.com
Tue Feb 4 00:20:29 PST 2014

On 02/03/2014 09:35 AM, Karoline Haus wrote:
> Hi I'm looking for a dbus C++ binding. I'm not too keen on using QT (I'm
> running a quite minimalistic system where I don't want to install QT)
> and gdbus is plain C only (as far as I understand), so those two quite
> popular bindings don't really fit for me. I have seen that there is a
> dbus-cxx and a dbus-c++ binding, but I cannot figure if they're still
> maintained? Anyone got any recent experience with using those? Are there
> other options for me when using a pure C++ application framework?

For some new projects in Ubuntu we are using this one (conveniently
named after the dead dbus-cpp project...):
https://launchpad.net/dbus-cpp

I didn't use it myself, so I don't know if it wraps all the
functionality that libdbus1 offers, but I know that we are using it and
improving it, so maybe you could first have a look at it to see if it
fits your needs.

Ciao,
  Alberto