Starting the kdbus discussions

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Jan 1 13:38:37 PST 2014

Hi Lennart,

On Friday, 2013-12-27, 01:04:19, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Heya,
>
> We today reached a milestone in kdbus development, that we have all the
> bits in pieces in place to boot a full system with kdbus as system bus
> and no dbus-daemon in the mix for it. The only missing bit is policy
> enforcement, everything else is there.

When you write "kdbus as system bus" does that imply it is also being used for
session busses (since those are usually "easier") or is kdbus only used for
system bus and session busses are still backed by dbus-daemon?

Will this affect users of D-Bus on non-Linux system (BSD, OSX, Windows) in
some way?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring