1.8.0 release?

Fridrich Strba fstrba at suse.de
Mon Jan 6 02:28:02 PST 2014

Hello,

Sometimes last year I expressed a wish to have 1.8.0 release latest at
the end of January so that it can be part of our SLE 12 release. Since
then, I scrutinized bug reports that could remotely be connected to
dbus and found only one quirk with one libvirt test after the 1.7.6
threading changes (libvirt test was interposing the symbol
initializing the threading called now automatically). This thing was
fixed in libvirt. Other then that I did not see any significant
problem that could hinder the release. Would it be possible to make
the release sometimes before FOSDEM? What help would be needed. I
volunteer to do the dirty work if you task me with it.

Cheers

Fridrich