Starting the kdbus discussions

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:14:24 PST 2014

On 01/07/14,Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The libdbus-1 one is on me. I'll get the Samsung guys to present
> their work.

Thanks for this! I already started to worry about yet another
balkanization effort with fd.o project...

> However, if we wish to standardise on it, the spec to be used for
> D-Bus needs to move out of glib.git & gnome.org and into dbus.git &
> freedesktop.org. Any changes to the spec need to be discussed in this
> community, as a neutral and central place. For two reasons, mostly:
>
> a) to avoid unilateral changes, whether intentional or merely by
> accident b) to give a more formal blessing of the common and neutral
> structure that fd.o is supposed to be

One big +1 for this request. There are (I think fair) number of us who
are not using gdbus/glib and are not intending to do so, so following
this list is the only way to keep up with the changes.

Best,
S.