dbus unit tests and $DISPLAY

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 10 15:39:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

The current Fedora dbus package runs "make check" per request of Red
Hat's QA team.  However, several unit tests in DBus require an active X
server, which isn't available at package build time.  To solve that, I'm
spawning an Xvfb, but at the moment it looks like something's falling
over with that with:

running test-autolaunch
*** Failed to autolaunch session bus:
/home/walters/src/fedora/dbus/dbus-1.8.4/tools/dbus-launch terminated
abnormally with the following error: Autolaunch error: X11
initialization failed.

./run-test.sh: test-autolaunch failed

Only of course during a package build, not reproducible directly via
"make check".  I'm about to strace -f the whole build to dig out the
real error, but while I do that: does anyone else successfully run the
dbus test suite this way?  Do you use Xvfb[1]?

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/dbus.git/tree/dbus.spec#n152