dbus unit tests and $DISPLAY

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Jun 10 18:19:02 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 15:39 -0700, Colin Walters wrote:

> The current Fedora dbus package runs "make check" per request of Red
> Hat's QA team.  However, several unit tests in DBus require an active X
> server, which isn't available at package build time.  To solve that, I'm
> spawning an Xvfb, but at the moment it looks like something's falling
> over with that with:

Not directly with DBus but the script I've used for starting XVfb in
headless test suites is this one:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dbusmenu-team/libdbusmenu/trunk.14.10/view/head:/tests/run-xvfb.sh

For newer stuff we've started using the Xorg dummy driver, specifically
with Google Test:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/test/xorg-gtest/

It seems the dummy driver works with less hacks like that script. My
understanding is that it works with more features of X as well, but
that's not something I've needed.

Ted