How to interact with existing dbus session through sudo?

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:47:00 PDT 2014

Hey,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Louise Baldwin <louiserbaldwin at aol.com>wrote:

> I really do appreciate your reply, but please note that, through
> additional trial and error, I have determined that it is in fact possible
> to interact with an existing dbus session through sudo ...

The fact that it may work is just a coincidence (a bug, even) and this
might change in the future (by adding more careful checking). The D-Bus
session bus designed only for processes in the session it was created for
and in the future we might even use different transports and/or namespaces
(kdbus etc.) that are not reachable form outside where the session is
running. So any crude hack that might work today will surely break in the
future.

    David