D-Bus communication from Java

rony rony at wu.ac.at
Mon Nov 10 12:00:18 PST 2014

On 10.11.2014 19:59, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:03:26AM -0500, rektide at voodoowarez.com wrote:
>> Quick search turned up
>>
>> https://github.com/diega/libmatthew-java
> I reached out to Diego -- that repo was just an experiment.
>
> I know the sources are there, in .src.rpms as well as in various
> people's repositories.
>
> What I'm trying to figure out is D-Bus developers' official stance
> towards Java bindings to D-Bus, and the future of it.
No idea (I am not a D-Bus freedesktop.org developer) what the Java bindings to D-Bus and its future
will be.

---

In case you are interested, there might be a different solution for Java programs. Exploit a binding
of a dynamic programming language that also has a Java bridge, such that Java programs can easily
take advantage of it. (There would be no need to create Java classes to match the D-Bus service
definitions to take advantage of it.)

If such a solution could be interesting for your I can come up with a brief Java example to
demonstrate applying that scenario such that you can see/assess whether that would be a feasible
route to take for your Java needs for D-Bus interaction.

---rony