D-Bus communication from Java

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Nov 10 15:02:43 PST 2014

On Monday 10 November 2014 19:59:07 Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:03:26AM -0500, rektide at voodoowarez.com wrote:
> > Quick search turned up
> >
> > https://github.com/diega/libmatthew-java
>
> I reached out to Diego -- that repo was just an experiment.
>
> I know the sources are there, in .src.rpms as well as in various
> people's repositories.
>
> What I'm trying to figure out is D-Bus developers' official stance
> towards Java bindings to D-Bus, and the future of it.

We don't have any. Matthew stopped posting just over a year ago (Sept 2013).
To be honest, given the amount of traffic on this list, I don't think we
realised he had stopped participating.

Anyway, as it stands, D-Bus Java is now clearly unmaintained. It's probably in
a much better state than the various C++ bindings and bindings to other
languages, but nonetheless it's not active anymore.

If someone wants to take up maintenance, we could offer space for the Unix
socket library in freedesktop.org.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358