relative paths in Exec= in .desktop and .service files

Jon Watte jwatte at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:01:55 PDT 2014

> Simon's email explained the use-case: relocatable installations,
> especially on
> Windows.

I don't think that's strong enough to open up a security can of worms.
If you want relocation, use some token system (like how Scons has "#" for
"root of build")
And if the main use case is for Windows, then again I'd look carefully at
actual numbers of users/installs and ability to capture that market, and
discount the value of that support appropriately.
Maybe not everyone agrees with that sentiment, but it's a largely
observable truth :-)

Sincerely,

jw

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -- Thomas
Jefferson