Single process with multiple dbus services

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 11:03:40 PST 2015

On Saturday 21 February 2015 23:35:07 Usman S wrote:
> I am trying understand dbus IPC, please help me on this.
>
> If we need to communicate through dbus, the process needs to get the
> system/session bus and then request a name for service and then register
> its objects/interfaces. if my understanding is right, Is it allowed to have
> multiple services from a single process?

Yes, it's allowed to.

> If it is allowed, how does the
> dbus differentiates between the objects (nodes) between the services.

The question doesn't make sense, which probably means you have not understood
the concept of services and objects.

The usual analogy is web servers:

web				D-Bus
hostname			service name
IP address		unique connection name
file name			object path
content-type		interface

Your question is asking how the web differentiates files from different web
servers...

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358