dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block eats 100% CPU then eventually times out

Ralf Habacker ralf at habacker.de
Sat Jan 31 07:10:55 PST 2015

Am 31.01.2015 um 14:49 schrieb Ralf Habacker:

>> 5 19:27, "Ralf Habacker" <ralf at habacker.de <mailto:ralf at habacker.de>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>     Am 31.01.2015 um 05:04 schrieb Alex Brooks:
>>     > Hi,
>>     >
>>     > I've been fighting for a long time with what now looks like a
>>     libdbus
>>     > bug.
>>     > I have a cut-down test program which calls a dbus method of
>>     > wpa_supplicant at 100Hz, it does this happily for several hours
>>     then
>>     > at some point the behaviour changes: any future calls sit at
>>     100% CPU
>>     > for 25sec then time out.

After running about 54 minutes I got:

 counts      time (ms)
300272 3245606 signalInfo rssi=-63
300273 3245616 signalInfo rssi=-63
Error: wpa_supplicant DBus error in signalPoll: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.

Ralf