Antwort: Re: No core dump on dbus-daemon crash

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 04:27:42 PDT 2015

On 17/03/15 07:32, Jean-Pierre.Bogler at continental-corporation.com wrote:
> I've read the Changelog and will talk to the responsible colleagues to
> consider the upgrade.
> However, before we upgrade I want to identify the issue to check if it
> already was fixed.

Whether your specific crash is fixed or not, 1.6.4 has a lot of known
and fixed bugs, including security vulnerabilities; so after you have
tried to diagnose this, I would strongly recommend upgrading.

D-Bus uses odd/even unstable/stable numbering, like GNOME (and like
Linux prior to version 3). The recommended version for production
systems is the latest from a x.(y*2).z branch, currently 1.8.16; the
1.8.x branch receives bug fixes if they are not too intrusive.

If you are stuck on 1.6.x (which still receives security fixes, but does
not normally get non-security changes even if they fix a bug), either
use the latest 1.6.x version (currently 1.6.30) or be prepared to do a
lot of backporting (e.g. Debian's "1.6.8" is actually closer to 1.6.30).

--
Simon McVittie
Collabora Ltd. <http://www.collabora.com/>