0-size array marshaling ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 19 16:25:09 UTC 2016

On terça-feira, 19 de julho de 2016 10:41:09 PDT Jean Parpaillon wrote:
> I understand it seems weird :)
> According to Debian (https://packages.debian.org/sid/dbus-java-bin   ),
> there is 2.8 upstream tag somewhere and upstream website always point
> to freedesktop.
> I may be wrong but I haven't seen any 2.8 tag on freedesktop git.
> So I've cloned fdo git and applied the diffs between 2.7 (last tag on
> fdo) and upstream 2.8 according to Debian.
> I understand it's confusing and it could be really nice to ensure that
> dbus-java on fdo is up-to-date.

As far as we know, it is. A quick check reveals that Gentoo, OpenSUSE and
Fedora carry the 2.7 release as their latest, so they're not aware of a newer
release either. I'd assume that Debian moved on to a fork without proper
warnings...

Except that the Changelog shows:

> dbus-java (2.8-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * New upstream release (fixes some array serialization issues)
>
>  -- Matthew Johnson <mjj29 at debian.org>  Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:48:13 +0000

Not the same email address, but the same name as the maintainer of dbus-java
(now cc'ed).

Matthew, can you clarify? Where is this 2.8 release coming from?