0-size array marshaling ?

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Tue Jul 19 08:41:09 UTC 2016

Hi,
Le lundi 18 juillet 2016 à 09:15 -0700, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> On segunda-feira, 18 de julho de 2016 11:08:37 PDT Jean Parpaillon
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip.
> > Answer is: always pad, even with 0-size array.
> > Test code in attachment.
> > I think I've fixed dbus-java code in
> > https://github.com/jeanparpaillon/
> > dbus-java
> > Would be glad to push into the right repository, but freedesktop
> > one
> > does not seem to be up-to-date (no 2.8 tag).
>
> You created that tag two weeks ago. No wonder that it's not in the
> upstream
> source. Why are you creating tags in a downstream repository?
I understand it seems weird :)
According to Debian (https://packages.debian.org/sid/dbus-java-bin   ),
there is 2.8 upstream tag somewhere and upstream website always point
to freedesktop.
I may be wrong but I haven't seen any 2.8 tag on freedesktop git.
So I've cloned fdo git and applied the diffs between 2.7 (last tag on
fdo) and upstream 2.8 according to Debian.
I understand it's confusing and it could be really nice to ensure that
dbus-java on fdo is up-to-date.
Regards,
--
Jean Parpaillon