Reason for "The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached"?

marcin at saepia.net marcin at saepia.net
Wed Jun 15 18:05:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have recently started to get the error response

"The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached"

to my method calls.

I wonder what can cause such error? I send mostly signals on my bus, so
there are no replies expected in 99,9999% cases, it would have been hard to
me to hit the limit defined in the configuration.

Is it rather meant to say to the connection owner "you have sent many
method calls but some of destination has never replies so I will blacklist
you" or "you have received so many method calls and never replied so I will
blacklist you"?

Marcin