dbus daemon on MacOS/darwin

James Bird jamessmtp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 01:05:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

I tried to install an application using the pkgsrc package manager on Mac OS (Sierra) which had a dependancy on dbus-1.10.12. I see there has been discussion in the recent past about this here, but I’m no expert, and I haven’t been able to glean from them whether/how it is possible to get the dbus daemon running on MacOS. The conversations reference the brew package manager which isn’t what I’m using.

I also posted to the package manager page: https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/issues/426 <https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/issues/426>

Is anyone aware of instructions to get the dbus daemon running on MacOS and could redirect me to such so that I can use the dependant application?

Thanks.
James.