dbus daemon on MacOS/darwin

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 16:14:57 UTC 2016

Em quarta-feira, 2 de novembro de 2016, às 11:05:42 PDT, James Bird escreveu:
> I tried to install an application using the pkgsrc package manager on Mac OS
> (Sierra) which had a dependancy on dbus-1.10.12. I see there has been
> discussion in the recent past about this here, but I’m no expert, and I
> haven’t been able to glean from them whether/how it is possible to get the
> dbus daemon running on MacOS. The conversations reference the brew package
> manager which isn’t what I’m using.

Yes, it is.

The dbus-daemon has been operating on macOS for at least 6 years without
problems. It only runs as a session daemon and isn't intended to ever be run
as system daemon. It also automatically launches itself, so if the libraries
and daemon have been properly installed, it should "just work".