Making the system dbus aware of a "parallel KF5 prefix"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:26:28 UTC 2016

On Friday September 16 2016 09:00:07 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> You shouldn add another <servicedr> entry to /etc/dbus-1/system.conf so that
> it will find the system .service files wherever you may have installed. This

Sorry, shouldn't or should?

Why does it work if I put the servicedir (and includedir) entry into system.conf and not when they're in system-local.conf? The latter file *is* read from the former, if it exists.

> works as long as your dbus-daemon isn't offloading starting of processes to
> systemd -- if it is, this becomes a systemd problem and you should consult
> systemd help.

Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't use systemd for everything, and as far as I can tell the system dbus daemon isn't started with options to use systemd, nor is there any mention of systemd in /etc/dbus-1/system.conf .

R.