Migrating D-Bus to GitLab

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Thu Aug 23 13:11:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 08:19:09 +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> For dbus-python I already have a patch
> (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/rhabacker/dbus-python/commit/6a3e7098dd470d4bcb16c4947aa0918609e00cc2)
> which could be used to check/specify the wanted review workflow either
> by using merge requests or by directly pushing in the related repo.
>
> I tried to create a new merge request with this commit, but was not able
> to select dbus/dbus-python as target branch.

dbus/dbus-python isn't a branch, it's a repository. The target branch
for updates to dbus-python should be master, which is a branch in the
dbus/dbus-python git repository (the web UI might call it "dbus/master"
or "origin/master" or something).

If you forked rhabacker/dbus-python from dbus/dbus-python on Gitlab,
then the default target for your merge requests should already be
the master branch in dbus/dbus-python? It's just like other Gitlab
installations, and a lot like Github.

    smcv