Invalid error messages out of 'dbus'...how to suppress?

L A Walsh dbus at tlinx.org
Mon Dec 17 23:04:21 UTC 2018

When I typed in "sudo su" to run as root.
I see:
dbus[6223]: Unable to set up transient service directory:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR "/var/run/user/5013" is owned by uid 5013, not our uid 0
dbus[6223]: Unable to set up transient service directory:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR "/var/run/user/5013" is owned by uid 5013, not our uid 0

Not sure, but from the directory name it looks like this
error message is not correct.

It certainly is possible that if one runs as root -- that
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR will still be set to the initial user.