How to read timedated properties from Python?

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Mon May 21 08:26:47 UTC 2018

Hallo,

I tried for quite some time now, but so far, I failed.

What I want to do is to read some property of the timedated. In my
example code, I try to read "Timezone".

#!/usr/bin/python
import dbus
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
timedate_obj = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.timedate1',
                               '/org/freedesktop/timedate1')
timedate = dbus.Interface(timedate_obj, "org.freedesktop.timedate1")
print(timedate.Get("Timezone"))

I also tried some variations of this, but keep getting errors.

Can someone please give me some information on how reading of properties
should work?

Thanks in advance

Manuel