Activated service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' failed

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Mon Sep 10 18:52:43 UTC 2018

On Mo, 10.09.18 18:20, Дилян Палаузов (dpa-freedesktop at aegee.org) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I enter 'XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session gnome-session' I see
> the messages below.  My feeling is than nobody ever tried to start service
> org.freedesktop.systemd1 but a missing service … is missing.  How can I find
> out the cause for the error messages below?  I use dbus 1.12.8.

In a systemd world there's only a per-user systemd instance, but no
per-session systemd instance. You appear to start a new dbus session
instance though on top of the one you already have. On that new
session systemd won't be around of course, as it is not supported.

Or in other words, sorry, but per-session dbus is not supported on
systemd systems anymore. There can only be a single dbus bus per user
on systemd systems and systemd already starts that for you.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat