Activated service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' failed

Дилян Палаузов dpa-freedesktop at aegee.org
Mon Sep 10 19:50:11 UTC 2018

Hello,

thanks for your anwers.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/134 suggests
'XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session gnome-session' for staring
Gnome.  It worked for a while somehow, perhaps with an older systemd -
some things were started, others not and I got then the "Activated
service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' failed" but more has worked.

How to start Gnome from a console with Wayland?

I use systemd with whanever happens to be default.  Does this imply
systemctl --user?

My dbus 1.12.10 is set up with "./configure --prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-user-session".  The
latter prints "Building systemd support: yes".

How to verify I have a properly set up systemd-logind session?

After login and starting weston and epiphany I have these processes:

message+   654     1  0  9772  3648   0 Sep04 ?        00:00:53
/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile
--systemd-activation --syslog-only
d        21278 21262  0  9265  3956   2 19:42 ?        00:00:00
/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile
--systemd-activation --syslog-only
d        21343 21338  0  9177  3156   2 19:43 ?        00:00:00
/usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon
--config-file=/usr/local/share/defaults/at-spi2/accessibility.conf
--nofork --print-address 3

so a session bus is running.

Greetings
   Дилян