Dbus is getting hung at some point

divya ramani divyashanthi101 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 07:53:03 UTC 2020

Hi Team,
I am facing an issue where dbus is not responsive to one of the CCSP
components that sends periodic requests to dbus, this happens at random
instances and the other components that request dbus during the time of
issue, are facing bus time out error.

When I was trying to debug the same, by increasing the verbosity, I was
able to see "type unknown not a basic type" flooding the console during the
time of issue (stated above). And this kind of looks similar to "
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2008-September/010485.html"

Can someone please point me out to the patch if any, that fixes the issue.
PS: The SDK that we are using currently uses "D-Bus Message Bus Daemon
1.6.18". Also we are facing the same issue with upgraded dbus package as
well (1.12.20)

Thanks in advance!
Divya.