Questions about d-bus for a specific application

Stern Guillaume guillaume.stern at heig-vd.ch
Thu Feb 18 14:59:40 UTC 2021

> > I was told by one of my colleagues that d-bus could provide me a solution, so I read about it in the internet. However, I have a few questions:
> > -is d-bus suitable for real-time applications?

> How are you defining "real-time application" here?
> And as you are dealing with a network, how does "real-time" come into play at all?

With real-time application, I was thinking of high-level sports videos. The idea would be to capture videos of competitions and enrich them with some information (athlete speed, trajectories, etc.), so that the television viewers could benefit from additional information while watching live events.

A simple computer for data acquisition would be onsite whereas a more powerful computer for image processing would be accessible remotely.

Thanks for the feed-back!