Dbus is getting hung at some point

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Sun Jan 3 06:14:22 UTC 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 11:10:06 +0530, divya ramani wrote:

> GPV wraper APIs from applications -> CcspBaseIf_getParameterValues ->
> CCSP_Message_Bus_Send_Msg ,
> where in, at some random instance (~post 2 hrs of long run, either
> AHNC/nethealthd experiences CCSP_BUS_TIMEOUT post the timeout reached.
> check here
> <https://code.rdkcentral.com/r/plugins/gitiles/rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspCommonLibrary/+/c0a0632e0cb179b66918e73b35f9765368dd5b80/source/util_api/ccsp_msg_bus/ccsp_message_bus.c#1735>

“Yellow alert: Sensors indicate threaded code ahead, Captain.”

Do you really need to use threads? They’re really mainly useful where
you have CPU-intensive tasks. If you are waiting a lot on D-Bus calls,
then doesn’t I/O become the bottleneck in your code?

At the very least, isolate the CPU-intensive threaded stuff onto
threads that don’t make libdbus calls. This should help simplify things.