guidance for org.freedesktop.DBus interfaces

Nyirő Gergő gergo at nyiro.name
Tue Jan 5 19:39:06 UTC 2021

Dear List,

I try to follow the standard interfaces (org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties...),
but some point is not clear for me, and I would like to ask some guidance
in the following questions:

1. The [spec] mentions three method for org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties:
Set, Get and GetAll.
Why threre isn't a SetAll method? Would it be a bad idea to update all the
properties with one call?

2. The org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager interface seems to support the
idea to add and remove objects.
Is it a common practice to handle objects dynamically or should I avoid that?

[spec]: https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#standard-interfaces-properties

thanks for any advice in advance,
Gergo