Changing DBUS FileManager1 to Krusader

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:54:33 UTC 2021

On Saturday January 02 2021 12:45:20 Bill Gee wrote:

>I will endeavour to connect with the Krusader and Gwenview teams.

Just file reports on bugs.kde.org. For the Gwenview crash this can be done via the DrKonqi crash reporter if you have that installed (plus the relevant debug packages). You may not notice the DrKonqi's window; it tends to present itself with just a lady beetle icon in the systray on Linux.

>My note about having changed the default file browser in System Settings and in xdg comes from a comment I had the last time I tried to chase this down.  Someone told me to make the changes there and it would work for DBUS calls.  It does not, as you note,

One could argue that the SystemSettings utility should also write the user-specific config files for DBus.

>> > I suspect that the Gwenview crash happens because Krusader is not able to
>> > handle being launched from DBUS. Is that true?

Why would that be so, or rather, why would Krusader need Gwenview. I suspect it might use the Gwenview kpart for inline image displaying but it shouldn't necessarily need to do that on startup. You say Gwenview crashes with an ABRT; that means it's a voluntary crash triggered either because a situation arose for which there is no sensible way to handle it or (more likely, in KDE software) because the devs, erm, put off handling that situation properly. It's strange to see such asserts enabled in a distribution though, so maybe the problem occurs at a much lower level (than in Qt, KDE or DBus code). Again, DrKonqi will give you a backtrace showing where the abort was raised.