Porting DeviceKit-power to FreeBSD

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Dec 31 04:22:48 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/30 Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>:
>> I was wondering if more work was going to be done to have the daemon
>> code call back to the backend code to get things like hibernate and
>> suspend commands, swap details, etc.?
> I think that makes a lot of sense.
> Maybe a backend specific object, with properties kernel_can_suspend,
> kernel_can_hibernate, hibernate_has_swap_space,
> hibernate_has_encrypted_swap and methods of suspend and hibernate.

Isn't exposing hibernate_has_swap_space etc. too tied to the
implementation details for this (and possibly too low-level)?

Linux alone had a lot of changes to the hibernation systems in the
past years, I can easily imagine that one day one of the multiple
kernels will just ask you to pass a path (similarly to
C:\HIBERFIL.SYS) and do the rest.

--
Patryk Zawadzki