Porting DeviceKit-power to FreeBSD

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 02:10:03 PST 2009

2009/12/30 Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>:
> I was wondering if more work was going to be done to have the daemon
> code call back to the backend code to get things like hibernate and
> suspend commands, swap details, etc.?

I think that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe a backend specific object, with properties kernel_can_suspend,
kernel_can_hibernate, hibernate_has_swap_space,
hibernate_has_encrypted_swap and methods of suspend and hibernate.

I'll work on something like this after I'm back from Christmas, unless
you get to it first. In the meantime, feel free to commit your
work-in-progress freebsd specific parts to src/freebsd

Richard