DeviceKit-power and backlight brightness

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Jul 3 07:28:09 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 16:13, David Zeuthen<david at fubar.dk> wrote:

> (As a matter of fact, we've learned the really hard way (with HAL) that
> it doesn't work that way. And while HAL made things a bit better in the
> short-term, HAL is an unmaintable piece of crap that we're finally close
> to getting rid of now. And we don't want to go back there.)

Right, and we cut the big cake into smaller subsytem daemons for a
good reason, and we need to be really really careful now when crossing
the domains of the subsytems.

Because it's so hard to remove functionality, and we can not rewrite
the stuff all the time, please don't add things like this now, but
push it to the people in charge of the subsytem that is responsible,
and let them fix it.

Thanks,
Kay