SetPowerSave

Michael Terry michael.terry at canonical.com
Thu Jun 11 12:13:59 PDT 2009

Hello, gentle DeviceKit developers!

I'm looking at cleaning up some acpi scripts in Ubuntu Karmic, and I ran
into an interesting issue.

With HAL, there was a SetPowerSave dbus command to (basically) run
pm-powersave.  There doesn't *seem* to be a similar command for
DeviceKit-power.

pm-powersave does some nice stuff (largely, iterating
over /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d scripts).

Is it just a feature that is yet to be written, or is the expectation
that pm-powersave is not part of the dk-p stack?

Thanks for any clarification!

--
mterry | UI & App Engineer, Canonical Ltd. | +1 781 761 9092