[Pm-utils] Migrating suspend quirks away from hal

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:31:52 PST 2009

2009/11/26 Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>:
> I think if this is really the way to go, then shell is not the right
> tool for the job at runtime. You could write a trivial C program to
> parse that out and spit out the quirks on stdout for pm-utils to use.
> Bash is great, but it is not the right tool for all jobs.

One obvious alternative is, to generate the quirks database at build
time rather than at runtime on each users computer, and ship it along
with pm-utils.

The only disadvantage of this approach that I can see, is that local
modification (via hal fdi files in /etc) wouldn't be considered.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?