devkit-keyboard-backlight?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Oct 30 07:27:39 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 01:40:48PM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Or something.
>
> I have hardware with a keyboard backlight, which is only supported
> through HAL right now (and crummy hacks like pommed).
>
> Is there anything but Apple laptops supporting this? (And if so, which
> kernel interfaces are being used for those that differ from the applesmc
> ones?)

 FYI, Dell Latitude E6400 has keyboard backlight.
As for itnerfaces, should't it be exposed like any other LED device¹? This
is how overhead LED light on my Thinkpad is controlled. Kernel LED driver
already supports different brightness levels.

¹ # ls /sys/class/leds
iwl-phy0::assoc  iwl-phy0::radio  iwl-phy0::RX  iwl-phy0::TX  mmc0::
tpacpi::power  tpacpi::standby  tpacpi::thinklight  tpacpi::thinkvantage

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)