DevicePresentationHide udisks::device property

Lisa Vitolo syn.shainer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 06:52:35 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm writing a partitioning library based on udisks and I have a doubt:
what's the actual meaning of the DevicePresentationHide property for
devices? The documentation says such a device should be ignored by
applications, but for what reasons the application should wish to hide it
from the user?
I'm asking this because I used the CreatePartition service to create a new
logical partition and it had that property set to true. Does that mean I
did something wrong/not recommendable when creating it?

Thanks for your help,
Lisa

--
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so
bad as a lot of ignorance.