Udisks and/or polkit problems

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 8 14:16:19 PDT 2012

A fellow archer and someone who has actually been helpful to me in the
past seems to think I accused redhat purposefully of making things
difficult for users.

>>before people wonder any more whether redhat want Linux to be more difficult to use and
>>support for financial reasons.

I never said RedHat did anything. I simply regurgitated sentiments that
are out there, that I believe were "you would think".

I get the feeling I touched on bones of contention from the past that
are not my problem and which I tried to help this project with
realising and hopefully fixing some day.

I wasn't a fan of polkit/udisks before, that's got worse when I
expected it to get better. I especially prefer the security of
simple sudo over the difficult problems securing dbus/IPC.

Sorry for being brutally honest in these emails, actually NO, I'm not.
This is security we are talking about!!

If there's only one thing that comes out of these mails, maybe it's
already underway, please improve the security transparency of polkit. I
shall take seperate measures to that effect myself anyway via RBAC, as
soon as I have any spare time.