Udisks and/or polkit problems

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 8 12:15:22 PDT 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012 13:06:23 -0400
David Zeuthen wrote:

>The fact that you bring companies into
>the mix indicates a poor understanding of how open source communities
>work.

Companies. I was under the impression red hat funded policykit and
polkit directly. I wasn't the person to make the link between
difficulty of usage and redhat being mainly financed by support. It came
from forums.

> That, and you include a lot of other information that
> isn't needed to solve your problem.

Fine, we'll leave out all the problems that you are causing people and
are not open to discussion or criticism upon. Obviously you are so
brilliant that you can't possibly do anything wrong and so can ignore
all the forums criticising the usability of your work. I deidn't even
mention the word xml and criticising doesn't mean they and I aren't
grateful for the work that you do. What would RFCs be without criticism
or OpenBSD without some flame.

>Worse, you include a lot of
>opinions that clearly indicate that you do not seem to understand how
>udisks and polkit works nor why it's there.

You make a lot of assumptions don't you. Ever heard the phrase
assumption is the mother of all fups?

I'm no expert but I have a grasp of it. Do you mean to do with
multi-user setups?

Please enlighten me to what brilliance polkit is doing security wise
that sudo can't for mounting usbs. We'll ignore dbus/IPC attackability,
polkit bugs and back channels.

>Good luck,

I'd seemingly need it if it was down to you. It's only an unmount
command that I could have come up on the desktop, if I CAN'T HAVE IT
IN NAUTILUS WITHOUT A RECOMPILE!.