Plans for UPower 1.0

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri Jan 4 05:17:49 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 10:02 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I'm intending to branch 1.0 later this week. Plans I have for 1.0 are:
>
> * Removing the Sleeping/NotifySleep/Resuming/NotifyResume signals
> * Removing AboutToSleep(), Suspend(), SuspendAllowed(), Hibernate(),
> HibernateAllowed() methods

All for it, logind provides the same methods, and has an implementation
of the signals above that actually works (rather than just hoping you
can do what you need to do within whatever time is given to you).

See "Taking delay locks" in:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/inhibit

When it happens, and before it gets released, it might be worth
advertising it further than just this list, and updating the upower docs
to point to the logind methods and signals. (And filing bugs for the
pieces of GNOME that use them).