udisks mount permissions

Marcus Moeller mail at marcusmoeller.ch
Tue Jan 22 01:34:12 PST 2013

Hi all.

I am trying to let members of a specific group (e.g. storageadmins) have
access to mount points, on which devices are mounted by users.

 From this commit:

cgit.freedesktop.org/udisks/commit/?id=aa02e5fc53efdeaf66047d2ad437ed543178965b

Devices are mounted on /run/media/$USER with facls set for the user
account that has mounted the volume,

Is there a way to add acls for a specific group?

If not, we have been thinking about a RUN script that unmounts the disk
and remounts it with the requested gid permissions using udisks. But
this is somewhat ugly.

Greets
Marcus