Little help with an impossible crash

Phillip Susi psusi at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 26 17:32:56 PST 2013

I started trying to add support for runtime pm and I began with adding
new properties to report the current values from the sysfs node. When I
try to test it though, I end up with a crash that is impossible. The
stack trace at the time is:

update_configuration
g_key_file_new
g_key_file_init
g_get_language_names
g_private_set

g_private_set aborts because pthread_setspecific fails. This can't
possibly happen though because g_get_language_names calls g_private_get
first, which initializes the underlying pthread object the first time it
is called, and this whole stack is called successfully several times
before it aborts, in the same thread, with the same value for the key
object ( which is a static local so it shouldn't ever change, but I made
sure with gdb to rule out memory spray ).

The patch is attached.  Any clue how the hell this can be happening?