upowerd consuming one whole core if battery low

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Jul 3 07:23:27 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-03 at 15:12 +0200, Václav Krpec wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> please find strace & sysprof logs attached.
> The *.ok.* logs were taken after the problem disappears
> (AC adapter attached) for reference.

Looks like it could be the history writing indeed.

I'd advise you to upgrade to a version of your distribution that has
UPower 0.99.x, as the polling code was completely reworked there, and
history shouldn't be written as often, completely avoiding this problem.

If you can't upgrade, please file a bug with the logs that you attached
here, and somebody might pick it up (though I wouldn't really count on
it).

Your best bet at this point is to check whether the same problem happens
with 0.99.x versions.

Cheers