Default mount options

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 14:30:38 PDT 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:29:16 -0400
Weedy wrote:

> I don't use auto mounting as a way to mount drives when I plug them in. I
> use it to mount drives with a single click in thunar.
> I work on a lot of data recovery. Which is why I wanted faster NTFS mount
> options.

I like the automount but it's problematic to define devices not to do
that after on udev since LAST_ACTION was removed compared to hotplugd
where it's real easy.

> I guess I'll need to just use gnome-disks/fstab for my backup drives.
> Unless udevil can hook into thunar.

udevil doesn't automount but works by default with spacefm like thunar
with udisks via dbus but is meant to give you the flexibility in proper
unix style that the dbus interface doesn't.

I find spacefm to be far more useful than Thunar anyway? but it is Linux
only currently as it uses udev for the device info (further annoyance
with Linux did create some rumblings from the author of a BSD version
but I don't think it will be done by the original author any time soon
in any case). The command shortcut or tool creation is very useful as
well as the open terminal inherited from pcmanfm. The wait to copy
multiple files to avoid contention is also very sensible and I'm amazed
it's not standard atleast for large files.