[udisks] unlock using keyfiles (was: Re: udisks project status)

Thomas Gläßle t_glaessle at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 06:36:31 PDT 2015

Hey,

> sorry, it took me quite a while, but I finally found some time to write
> the patch. Since I don't know the preferred channel for contributions I
> uploaded it at my github for now. Feel free to teach me better and to
> make comments about what should be changed:
>
> https://github.com/coldfix/udisks/pull/1
>
> You can directly comment over there or show me a better place for the
> thread is. Sorry for any trouble.

are you still there?

Sorry, I don't want to be a bother, but I would really like your
feedback on the feature branch, so I can improve anything that isn't on
point.

As stated in the github thread, I had trouble creating a test case.

- On archlinux the integration tests don't work because the mod_scsi
kernel module is not available.
- I also tried on a ubuntu (14.04 trusty) virtual machine, where most of
the tests ran (failures=1, errors=9) - but the tests for encrypted
devices in particular errored.

Since, you certainly know a lot more about this than I do, maybe you
could help me out here. On what distro/version are these tests
known/supposed to run? Do they have any particular dependencies that are
not automatically reported missing? Can I do something about mod_scsi?

Best regards,
Thomas

PS: the output for the LUKS tests (on master branch, ubuntu VM) is:

ERROR: test_luks_forced_removal (__main__.Luks)
LUKS forced removal
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/tests/integration-test", line 1363, in test_luks_forced_removal
path = crypt_obj.get_property('encrypted').call_unlock_sync(
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'call_unlock_sync'

ERROR: test_luks_mount (__main__.Luks)
LUKS mount/unmount
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/tests/integration-test", line 1325, in test_luks_mount
path = encrypted.call_unlock_sync('s3kr1t', no_options, None)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'call_unlock_sync'