Would like help automounting thumb drive as read-only always.

Spork Schivago sporkschivago at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:24:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a naive question.   I've been searching the internet
and I've asked on a forum or two for help, but just can't seem to find the
answer to my question.

I run OpenSuSE Tumbleweed and have udisks2 installed.   I have a thumb
drive.   I want this specific thumb drive to always be mounted as
read-only.   I want it to automount like it currently does.   Currently, it
mounts to /run/media/<username>/<FS label>.   This is where I still want it
to mount to.   I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to do this.

I looked into creating an fstab entry, but I don't think that'll work,
because I have to hardcode a mount path and I want the thumb drive to mount
to the /run/media/<username>/<fs label> directory, where username will
change, depending on who's logged into Gnome.

Is it possible to do what I want to do and if so, can someone please
suggestion how I go about accomplishing this?

If this is the wrong mailing list to be asking this question in, could
someone please direct me to the correct mailing list?   I found this list
when I was googling how to do what I want to do.   Someone had submitted a
patch that would allow me to set mount options, but the patch I don't think
was ever accepted (for various reasons).   I thought perhaps this would be
the best place to ask.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ken Swarthout