udisks renew

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 22 05:40:33 UTC 2017

Hello westlake,

westlake [2017-09-21 14:29 -0400]:
>  Here as a user I'd like to emphasize the intent of udisks,
>
> for a long time I have been able to prevent the Linux desktop from
> auto-mounting usb drives by using udisks --inhibit-all-polling.
>
> Is there something udisks2 uses that implements the same task?

Unfortunately not as a command line application upstream. But Debian packages
ship a wrapper which is very similar to the old udisks --inhibit-all-polling:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-utopia/udisks2.git/tree/debian/local/udisks2-inhibit
This essentially sets the UDISKS_IGNORE udev property for all block devices.

This isn't Debian specific at all, you can use it on any distro.

Martin