udisks renew

Vratislav Podzimek vpodzime at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 08:02:45 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 07:40 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello westlake,
>
> westlake [2017-09-21 14:29 -0400]:
> >  Here as a user I'd like to emphasize the intent of udisks,
> >
> > for a long time I have been able to prevent the Linux desktop from
> > auto-mounting usb drives by using udisks --inhibit-all-polling.
> >
> > Is there something udisks2 uses that implements the same task?
>
> Unfortunately not as a command line application upstream. But Debian
> packages
> ship a wrapper which is very similar to the old udisks --inhibit-all-
> polling:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-utopia/udisks2.git/tree/debian/lo
> cal/udisks2-inhibit
> This essentially sets the UDISKS_IGNORE udev property for all block
> devices.

This looks like something we should provide upstream. Maybe even with
some other mechanism (like sending SIGUSR1 to the udisks2 process or
something like that)?

westlake, would you mind creating an upstream issue at https://github.c
om/storaged-project/udisks/issues describing what exactly you would
like to be supported. Please keep in mind that we can make things
different and better than they used to be in the old udisks.

Thanks!

--
Vratislav Podzimek